● 1 cup - Unsweetened Applesauce● 4 eggs, at room temperature (Available at Lifepointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center)● ½ cup - Coconut Oil, Melted & Cooled● 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract● 2 Tbsp - Pure Maple Syrup (Available at Lifepointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center)● ½ cup - Coconut Flour● ¼ cup - Arrowroot Starch● 2 tsp - Baking Soda● 1 tsp - Cinnamon● ½ tsp - Nutmeg● ½ tsp - Sea Salt● 1 cup - Finely Chopped Apple
Topping:● ⅓ cup - Chopped Pecans or Walnuts● 1 tsp - Coconut Oil (Available at Lifepointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center)● ½ tsp- Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, so the ends hang over the sides.
2. Combine applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a blender and pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the side and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
3. Add coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt and blend again for 30 seconds. Stir in chopped apple with the batter.
4. Transfer batter to loaf pan and smooth into an even layer.
5. Combine ingredients for the topping in a small bowl and stir together to coat. Distribute over top of the batter in the loaf pan.
6. Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan by lifting it using the parchment paper. Slice and serve warm. Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze.