● 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (Available at Lifepointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center)● 3 Pound Boneless Chuck Roast● 3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces● 1 Leek, Chopped● 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary● 2 Bay Leaves● 2 Tsp - Minced Garlic● 1 Cup - Red Wine (Optional)● ⅓ Cup - Balsamic Vinegar● 1 ½ Cups - Beef Broth● Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
1. Season the roast with salt and pepper.
2. Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the roast for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Place the meat in the slow cooker. Top it with leek, garlic, red wine (opt.), balsamic vinegar, beef broth, rosemary, and bay leaves.
4. Cover the slow cooker and set it to low for 3 ½ hours.
5. After the 3 ½ hours, add the sweet potatoes and continue to cook on low for another 4 hours.
6. Remove and discard the bay leaves and rosemary sprigs.
7. Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring it to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Keep it boiling and let it reduce until you get the desired consistency for your sauce (about 15 minutes).
8. Pour the sauce back into the slow cooker and serve with the meat and sweet potatoes.