● 2 Tbsp - Coconut Oil (Available at Lifepointe Chiropractic and Wellness Center)● 3 - Carrots, Chopped● 1 - Small Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped● 1 cup - Zucchini, Finely Chopped● 2 cups - Sliced Mushrooms● 1 lb - Grass Fed Ground Beef● 1 pound - Bulk Apple Chicken Sausage● 28 oz - Crushed Tomatoes● 1 can - Diced Tomatoes with Juice● 2 - Cloves Garlic, Minced● 2 Tbsp - Dried Oregano● 1 Tbsp - Dried Basil● 1 Tbsp - Garlic Salt● 1 - Butternut Squash
1. Place coconut oil in the bottom of a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the carrots, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and sauté until tender.
2. While veggies are cooking, brown the beef and sausage on medium heat in a separate skillet until fully cooked. Add the beef/sausage mix to the veggies in the soup pot.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for butternut squash, mix well, and simmer for 30 min.
4. While the sauce simmers, peel, halve, and scoop out the seeds of the butternut squash. Cut the cleaned squash lengthwise in ¼" to 1/2" thick strips (resembling thick lasagna noodles). It doesn't have to be perfect!
5. In the slow cooker, ladle in a layer of the meat sauce, then evenly spread the squash slices on top. Continue to alternate until you have reached 4 layers or more.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hrs.